"People who live long lives together eventually begin to sound alike, to talk alike, even to think alike. As we walk with God, we take on his thoughts, his principles, his attitudes. We take on his heart." Max Lucado

Songs I Love


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Terrific/Terrible Tuesday

I realize I have not kept up with this blog like I intended to.  I wanted it to be about our Coast Guard journey mostly, but so far I expended that topic.  There isn't much to write about when all we're doing is waiting.  So since the name of my blog is We Live By Faith I've started writing more about what's on my mind and heart as well.  I still feel I don't have enough time to research topics and/or thoughts regarding scripture (seeing that I want to back up my thoughts/ideas with an exegetical blog rather than just rambling about my own ideas of what I think it might mean).  Therefore, I have decided to do some weekly posts and since our saying around the center on Tuesdays is either "Terrible Tuesday" (if a ton of kids show up unexpectedly/staff is gone for some reason or other) or "Terrific Tuesday" (if numbers of children may be a tad lower than normal taking a little stress off the teachers).  I am officially posting my highs and lows on Tuesday each week.  (It also helped that I had a particularly great day today and I praise God for it!)

The Terrible's
-scraping ice off my car this morning for the 3rd time this week
-taking knock-out sinus meds last night causing me to be slightly groggy and unwilling to get out of bed when my alarm clock first went off
-having to be creative when figuring out dinner with less than desirable grocery items in the pantry, fridge & freezer

The Terrific's
-SUNSHINE
-the heater is finally running at work
-playing Duck, Duck, Goose with 3 year-olds and getting paid for it
-watching a group of 3 year-olds run, gallop, crawl, waddle and roll around the climber on the playground -hearing the kids' laughter knowing they are having a ball (and secretly hoping Ms. Ashley is their favorite teacher)
-lots and lots of hugs from a little blond boy before he left, and his goodbye words "I love you Ms. Ashley"
-not having to close (i.e. clean the classroom/bathrooms) tonight
-voting with a pen and paper, old fashioned but it still works (I hope all you of voting age did the same!)

It started off a little rough, but by the end the day turned out great.  All thanks to a little a lot of patience given to me from the Holy Spirit and a Father who knows exactly what I need to make me smile.  God is GOOD!  ALL THE TIME!!

No comments: