"People who live long lives together eventually begin to sound alike, to talk alike, even to think alike. As we walk with God, we take on his thoughts, his principles, his attitudes. We take on his heart." Max Lucado

Songs I Love


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Packing Has Commenced

I started packing a few weeks ago when I took all the Christmas decorations down, but this past week we got quite a bit of our "spare room" items packed up.  I normally hate packing, but I was actually enjoying it and am fairly motivated to keep going.  We have to be out of our apartment by February 4th, so I am definitely thankful that I've found this motivation.  I'm not sure if the excitement is from the idea of moving to a new place, or if it is just a gift of grace so that my husband won't have to hear me whine about packing for the next 2 weeks.  God is good, that's all I've got to say.  We need some more boxes/storage containers so the packing dwindled towards the end of the week, but hopefully this coming week I can get the whole spare room packed up.
We've also been debating about new living room furniture.  Do we get rid of all our unmatched furniture to get new?  Do we get rid of just some things that we know we don't want?  Or do we wait?  Steve and I went to Sauder Outlet on Saturday to get some ideas for an entertainment center, end tables, bookshelves and even some bedroom furniture.  It was fun looking but we can't seem to come to a decision on what color we like the most.  I think though we'll probably go with living room furniture in Jamocha wood finish which is a very dark brown.  I'm not an interior decorator by any means, but I really want our next home to be neat and not look all crazy with mismatched colors and patterns. 
In our first house we didn't paint because I liked the colors there already.  In our apartment we didn't want to take the time to paint because we didn't really have time in the first place.  We also weren't sure how long we'd be living there and didn't want to have to paint and then a year later prime everything before we moved out.  So I'm excited for the opportunities to decorate in a new place.
I digress...painting and decorating won't happen for another few months, so I'm getting ahead of myself.  Thankfully Steve found a storage place that's really nice just a few miles from our house, and since the Coast Guard will move our stuff for us, putting all our stuff in storage instead of at my parents' or his grandma's will be better for us.  Plus, one of Steve's friends from the fire dept is going to go in on one with us making it cheaper per month!  Talk about a great deal. 
I can definitely see the Lord working in little ways.  From me actually being excited to pack and the storage unit to just a peace about the whole process, I know this is exactly what we're supposed to be doing at this time in our lives.  And I can only imagine the blessings we'll receive for walking in faith.

1 comment:

Brittany Ann said...

Bless you. Packing is the worst part about moving (and living the military lifestyle we do.)

Hope it continues smoothly!