I got a letter Thursday from Steve indicating the "dream sheet" selection process didn't go quite as planned. Of course it didn't! Just another kink in our plans to remind us, that it's not really us in control of our future. It is God's plan and we must walk in faith. Anyway, before he left we discussed the districts he would put down on his dream sheet as well as the order. We weren't certain what our 4th pick would be before he left, but I wrote him and told him it was his decision and that I would trust his choice. The list looked like this before he left:
1. District 5 which includes NC, VA, Washington DC, MD, Southern NJ and Philadelphia2. District 9 which is all units stationed along the coasts of each Great Lake
3. District 13 which includes WA and OR
4. District 1 which includes ME, NH, VT, RI, MA, CT, NY and Northern NJ
It looked great to me! But then his letter informed me some of the districts were full, including district 5. So back to the drawing board he went. In my letter I told him some other options for choice 4 since we weren't completely sure on that before he left. I suggested D7 (FL, SC, GA) D14 (HI) and maybe D8 (which is all the states along the Mississippi River, NM & TX). So of course I was shocked and maybe a little upset when I found out he picked D11 (CA, NV, AZ) as our 4th choice. I can only assume the other districts were full as well. But of course it is all in the Lord's hands. I know He has a great place prepared for us, not only to work, but to minister and enjoy life together as husband and wife. So the new list was this:
1. D92. D1
3. D13
4. D11
Now I just need that phone call so my anxiety will subside a bit. No news yet, but it's just after noon chow and hopefully calls will start soon!



No comments:
Post a Comment