Today, the day after Christmas the celebrating does not stop. Jesus Christ's birthday may have been yesterday, but the reason we celebrate Him is that He came to this earth to save those who choose to enter into a relationship from their sins. He came as God entering into a lowly creature like man to show His love for a hurting world. He hung on a cross to die for mankind, again to show us His love.
I don't know about you, but I am forever grateful to know Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I am truly blessed by God's abundant love and grace.
Today is a blessed day, as is every day that I have on this earth. I don't know what the future holds, but I do know that in the year to come some changes may occur both good and bad. I also know that whatever does come, I will put my faith in the one who came to earth as a tiny baby, who grew up and preached the word to those following him, and who chose to give up his life because of love. Though I may have gotten an extremely awesome gift from my husband yesterday, the best gift of all came over 2000 years ago.
Yesterday at church, they played a video I want to share here. It was very cute, and so awesome because it was children's answers. Their understanding of Christmas sometimes seems to exceed that of an adult, me included. But Jesus did say to have faith like a child, unwavering, complete trust. That is more challenging than it seems these days, but I continue to try. To just trust in His plan, His power and to follow willingly what He calls me to do.



No comments:
Post a Comment