Today has been quite the day. I've been wanting to start a blog for awhile now because 1) I enjoy writing and sharing my thoughts and 2) I like reading others' blogs and seeing what they have to say about life. So I decided to create one tonight because today has been a very interesting, uplifitng and pretty fulfilling day overall.
It started off with getting to sleep in a bit since I didn't have to work until 11 am. Steve and I had decided the night before to work out in the morning too, so reluctantly I did. I did a sprint cardio workout on the bike and it didn't kick my butt too bad, and I actually felt like I had more energy at work today too. I hope that becomes part of my morning routine in the near future because it just feels great to get that adrenaline high by exercising. Plus I listened to Todd Agnew on Pandora and it was pretty sweet to workout that way! After that Steve treated me to coffee and a muffin at this cute little coffee shop just down the street from out apartment. It was definitely nice to spend the morning together before we both had to go to work. I almost like date mornings like that better than date nights. Then I went to work wondering which class I'd be in for the day and lo and behold I got to join Lori in the pre-k room. I appreciate those 4 and 5 year olds so much! It's nice every once in awhile not to have to change diapers (I normally work in the 2's room). I eventually let my co-teacher go home and went back to my toddlers, whom I love even when they throw temper tantrums every 10 minutes. Things went smoothly though until I heard the tornado sirens. I think I was the only one who heard them because our classroom is on the frontside of the building and everyone else was towards the back half and had noisy children. Our former assistant director acting as director today didn't even hear it because she was on the phone with her good ear. So I calmly alerted the preschool teacher who frantically alerted our former assistant director acting as director who quickly got off the phone and proceded to tell us to go into the bathrooms with our kids. Fortunately this was around 4:15 4:30 pm when most of the kids are getting picked up anyways so I only had 2 kids left and Kathy in the 2 & 1/2's had 5. We spent about 30 min in the bathroom singing songs and reading books and letting the kids chase the light from the flashlight. It was a good time, and I'm thankful that we had the younger kids who didn't really comprehend what was going on they just knew they got to hang out in the bathroom which is normally not allowed.
Then one of the best parts of my day happened...I got to talk with a parent who was thinking about enrolling their child at our center. She had never done daycare/learning center before so I tried my best to explain what we do at our center and as long as the price didn't scare her away I think that she will bring her little boy back (at least I hope she will). I also realized tonight that I really do enjoy my job. I love teaching kids and seeing them learn and grow and acquire new skills. It's been a little stressful lately with floating from class to class and having to close most nights of the week, but tonight I remembered why I work where I do. I have a gift to teach and I am going to use that to serve my Lord God to my fullest potential, and when I can't do that I am going to rely on His strength and patience to teach and love and serve the kids at KinderCare.
But my night gets better...I scheduled an appointment to get my hair cut last week because it really needed it. I was a little nervous because I've had the same lady cut my hair since I was 10 and it's hard to find somebody new. But I decided to give the lady that used to cut Steve's hair a second chance. I am sure glad that I did. I love my new haircut, and I had an awesome conversation with Shannon. The places God decides to show up when I'm not even looking is what has me in such a good mood tonight. I love that He shows up through my testimonies even when I think I'm just telling someone about how I met my husband or what I remember about my wedding day or how I like my job. God sure is good...ALL the time. I don't know how he did it, but tonight he used me in some way to help Shannon's day end a little bit better than it started I think, and all I did was mention one of my favorite worship songs from this past week at church. "You are my strength when I am weak, You are the treasure that I seek, You are my all in all..."
And that is what I wanted to share in my first blog entry. A little long maybe, maybe not the typical first entry but it was what was on my heart.
"People who live long lives together eventually begin to sound alike, to talk alike, even to think alike. As we walk with God, we take on his thoughts, his principles, his attitudes. We take on his heart." Max Lucado
What's Here
30-day Husband Appreciation Challenge
adventures
Autism Spectrum
babies
birthday
challenges
Christmas
Coast Guard
creativity
goals
jobs
music
pets
physical fitness
pictures
praises
prayers
projects
Proverbs 31
Shutterfly
spiritual life
thanksgiving
the past
transitions
vacation
videos
Wisconsin
worship



No comments:
Post a Comment