I always seem to get these ideas for projects, crafts, recipes, etc. that always seem to come right before I fall asleep. I never write them down, and therefore they get forgotten in dreamland. Well, today I am putting an idea to work.
The other night I was looking at furniture online from IKEA, and I was thinking how great it would be to have some stools for the island in our kitchen. Just 2 was all I wanted, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money, and nothing at IKEA really shouted out "I'm perfect, buy me!" (Shocker, yes, I know). So I went to bed pondering how I could get stools for my island for cheap.
It came to me then...
We have 2 directors chairs that we used in our other apartment at our high kitchen counter. They aren't the prettiest things, and I doubt we'll be able to use them here anywhere because we don't have a high counter. These chairs have backs and arm rests that won't fit under our new island. So I thought "Why don't I just take the backs and arm rests off? Maybe they'll fit that way?"
So I tested it today. And VOILA! They fit without the backs/arm rests. So I went and got the drill and proceed to unscrew the hinges. Only to find some mildew and gross-ness on the wood. I'll take care of that later, but for now I'm pretty excited to see an idea of mine forming into a plan.
The next steps will be to scrub the wood frames to get rid of all the black, and search for some fabric that will match our kitchen decor. Cause bright blue ain't gonna work. And I also plan to paint the wood after it's all de-mildewed. Something to match the fabric I'm sure...
I'm excited to finally be able to do projects because I have the tools to do so...I now have a sewing machine and iron, a drill (technically it's Steve's but we share), and a nice big patio and/or garage for spray painting. Creative mind is at work here...
*****
And while we're on the topic of creativeness and projects here's a list of other things I'd like to get done this summer:
1. sand and paint lighthouse
2. re-plant our flower pots for patio
3. finish wedding/honeymoon scrapbook
4. start Steve's Coast Guard scrapbook
5. start vacation scrapbook
6. sew some throw pillows
7. sew curtains for bedrooms
And just for your information...I so wrote this while outside on my patio, basking in the warm...clouds. While it's not bright and sunny, it's still relatively warm. So I thought I'd better take advantage of the opportunity to be outside, cause it's looking like it's going to storm again. (Though I hope it does so before I go to sleep, last night's storm was ridiculous! Thunder shook our whole house and the lightening was so bright!)
Have a great and blessed Tuesday!



No comments:
Post a Comment