"People who live long lives together eventually begin to sound alike, to talk alike, even to think alike. As we walk with God, we take on his thoughts, his principles, his attitudes. We take on his heart." Max Lucado

Songs I Love


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Aquiring a New Sister

Yes, my "little" brother got married.  2 weekends ago.  Steve and I were both in the wedding so we had a mini vacation to Ohio.  It was a beautiful day.  Lovely ceremony, perfect weather, and a very late night at such a fun reception!  I cried more at his wedding than my own too...all because he's the baby and is now all grown up.  I also danced more, as did my husband, at their wedding than at our own.  Maybe because we were part of the wedding party that we felt required to dance, or maybe because he's just loosening up some and wanted to make his wife happy by dancing (cause she surely CANNOT dance by herself, she feels silly).  Anyways, it was a great weekend, and I am so excited to have a new sister added to the family.  
She is great for my brother, and my brother is great for her.  The pastor shared some of the things they love about each other and how each challenges the other and it was a really great message shared at the ceremony.  I love that Kristen has similar interests too.  We both have a bachelor's in psychology, and when we met we were both headed along the school psychology path.  Now we both work with kids who have Autism.  How cool is that?  She is headed to get her master's in school psych too, though I've yet to make up my mind if that's still the route I want to go, or if it's more related to Autism.
I'm so happy for the two of them.  I sure hope we get to live close in the future, cause being this far apart is not going to be fun.  In MI it was possible to do a weekend trip, but now it's going to be a lot harder, especially with work and school and life in general.  In time though, hopefully we'll be closer, but for now at least there's texting and FB and phones.  I'm just glad to have another sister cause I've always wanted one...

Now for some pics of the celebration...


Well, blogger is not letting me upload photos tonight...or my computer is just being dumb.  Anyways, pics will come later this weekend since I have to work from 8 - 5:30 tomorrow and then drive 40 min home.  Fridays are even more full than they used to be...

No comments: