"People who live long lives together eventually begin to sound alike, to talk alike, even to think alike. As we walk with God, we take on his thoughts, his principles, his attitudes. We take on his heart." Max Lucado

Songs I Love


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, September 11, 2011

So Many Changes

Changes in thought, in emotions, in pride.  Changes in patriotism, and national safety methods.  Since September 11, 2001 lots of things have changed in this great country we call America.  And since I've become married into the military my own thoughts and feelings have changed as well.  
This morning my husband had the privilege of marching in the honor guard for a small remembrance ceremony.  I was torn whether or not I should go to that or to church, since the ceremony was right smack dab in the middle of our Sunday morning service.  I wanted pictures of him all dressed up, but more than that I wanted to remember all that our country and citizens have gone through since that tragic day.  
It has changed the way we live here in this country, and I am forever changed because of just one day in history.  I am changed more so after having married a firefighter who became an EMT and is now a Coast Guardsman.  Feelings that I can't even describe welled up in me this morning while several different people spoke.  The fire chief, an emergency medical specialist, the police chief and the Lieutenant Commander of the USCG cutter Mobile Bay.  Tears are coming and going today as I think about all those families who lost loved ones be they passengers, WTC and Pentagon workers/military members or the emergency service personnel.  I have a new perspective being a wife to a man who has served in three of those roles.  For that I am grateful, and always need to remember to thank the good Lord for providing protection for Steve while serving in these roles.  I am also so very proud to be married to a man who does love to serve.  Who has been so willing to help others in need.  And ten years later, there are still so many in need.  Thankfully procedures and policies have been put in place to keep our country safer, to help those in need quicker and more effectively.
Yes, September 11, 2001 changed the way we live our lives.  It's changed how I've personally felt about my freedom and safety here in America.  And after hearing those men and women speak this morning about the changes, I am confident to say that as far as safety is concerned the changes have been for the better.
As for other social, economic changes, etc. the verdict is still out...but the Lord knows all that is to come and I have confidence in His plans for my own life as well as for our country.  It might get worse before it gets better in this nation, but Jesus will return some day to bring His heirs to heaven.
Color Guard/Honor Guard 9-11 10th Anniversary Memorial

Not the best pic of Steve, he's hidden by the bagpipes
Oh and I found a neat Youtube tribute video...

No comments: