No, we're not having one. 3 people, 2 friends, 1 sister-in-law did though. 3 babies in 3 days. I say that's quite a record. My friend here in our new town had her baby boy on Wednesday last week. It's crazy to think he's here already, I met her at the beginning of the summer when we moved, and have gotten to know her and her 2 older boys quite well (Steve and her husband Nick work together on the same duty section). (Though I have yet to see baby O!)
Then my sister-in-law Amy, had her baby girl on Thursday. Charlotte Grace arrived safe and healthy! I am excited to be an aunt again, but unfortunately they live out in CA so we won't be able to see them anytime soon. I wish it were different, that we could just up and take a little vacation out there to meet the new baby (and of course see Amy and Ryan). But that's going to be next to impossible with both of our work schedules and Steve not having all that much time to take off anyways. Maybe we'll make it before her 1st birthday!
Next, a friend from college had her first baby on Friday. Another little girl. I don't talk with her much anymore. We lived on the same floor our freshman year, and didn't really hang out after that, but we are still friends on Facebook. I'm excited for her and her husband. Though I will be honest...all these babies give me a little itch.
I have a few other friends who will be expecting later this year and the beginning of next year and sometimes I wish that was me. But I realize it's just not the right time yet. We have to wait on God's timing and I know that he WILL choose the right time for us to start a family. Steve has told me a few times he really does want kids, but we just got into the Coast Guard, we're still adjusting to this lifestyle and we're just not quite ready to give up the freedom that comes by not having kids. It's hard enough just with the dog, making sure he has a place to stay if/when we travel or finding a pet friendly hotel, and running home between shifts to let him out to go potty. He's our baby for now. I know the Lord has plans for us, I have a desire to have children (and not just one), and right now those two things just aren't lining up. Patience...that is the key for me and to just wait on the Lord. I truly believe he gives you the desires of your heart, just not always at the time you ask for them. Someday I'll become a mommy and Steve a daddy, and it will be wonderful...for now though I wait. And I pray.
I pray for healthy children. For healthy pregnancies. For children who grow up to love the Lord and walk with Jesus. For wisdom in parenting so that our children will love the Lord and walk with Jesus. And especially, I pray for patience to wait on God's timing and not my own. For they are his plans that I am following, not mine.



No comments:
Post a Comment