"People who live long lives together eventually begin to sound alike, to talk alike, even to think alike. As we walk with God, we take on his thoughts, his principles, his attitudes. We take on his heart." Max Lucado

Songs I Love


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Link Up 30 Day HAC

The thing about this challenge is that my husband works 48 hours on/48 off and every other weekend.  So he's not home every day of the week, therefore I don't get to talk to him either.  Texting is our way of communicating, but even that's difficult sometimes because cell service at the station isn't very good.  I now realize I'm going to have to work extra hard on the days he is home to say only positive things, to encourage him and show how much I appreciate him.
I wrote about my thoughts on this challenge the other day, but I'm going to reiterate them now for the link-up.  I try to be the respectful wife God wants me to be, but I understand that it's not easy.  I've been there, I've said too many negative things about my husband to others (though I've tried really hard to not talk bad about him), and I can easily get upset when he doesn't pitch in around the house, or take on the responsibilities I think he should.  That's not God's design for marriage.  He calls husbands to love and wives to respect.  I think
I am really liking this challenge for me; the way I have to force myself to keep not only my words positive, but my thoughts as well.  That is where Satan gets to me most, in my head.  And I have to call on God to help in those times.  With the 30 day HAC, I have a tool and reminder to fight off the devil each day in regards to appreciating my husband.
Steve has been working the past weekend, so I haven't done a whole lot in the way of the challenge.  Here's the breakdown though:
  • DAY 1...I sent him a text to tell him how thankful I was that he chose me.  I don't know that I've ever communicated that to him, but I do tell him how thankful I am that God brought us together.  He doesn't know I'm doing this challenge (yet anyways), so he was a bit confused why I was telling him this all of a sudden.  
  • DAY 2...I didn't get a chance to tell him today how much I appreciate his acts of service, but that is one thing I do quite often.  It's actually easy for me to do that because he has such a servant's heart.  That is one of the qualities that I caught my attention when we first met, and now it's one that I admire so much because he is serving his country right now in the Coast Guard.  I plan to make him a 4th of July card to thank him for his service both in the military and for our family.
  • DAY 3...That's today, so of course I haven't had a chance to thank him for his kindness, but I do plan to when I talk to him later this evening.
I'm excited to see how God works through me in this challenge, because even though it's directed towards my husband, it's also so much more for me to become the wife God desires.  I'm also eager to see what He's doing for you in your 30 day challenge.  So go link up!
 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking up! I know God will continue to speak to us through this challenge!